PPC plays an important role in today’s digital marketing empire. This method of marketing comes with a high return on value, hence companies are very interested in it.
Even though PPC marketing generates revenue for 74% of businesses, it’s still a complex process. So you’ll need experts who have certain required skills in order to bring revenue while applying it to your business.
If PPC marketing sounds convincing to you, then you’ll need to bring in a PPC consultant to harness its full potential. We are going to help you make the decision of whether you should bring in a PPC consultation and how it can improve your business.
What Is PPC?
PPC means pay-per-click which is just another form of internet marketing. In this method of marketing, advertisers pay for clicks on their ads. The fun thing is that you only pay when your ad is clicked. You can think of it as a cunning method of bringing more people to the destination of your choice, but here you pay only if your goal is reached.
Search engine advertising is one of the most used methods of PPC. These kinds of ads are seen in the search results as sponsored links. We see this kind of ad every day while surfing and looking for anything on Google.
When someone searches for related keywords that match with advertisers’ business offering, then the ad is shown at the top of the search results along with other organic results. Basically, you’re “buying” search engine placement to be seen by your target audiences.
What is a PPC Consultation
You already have an idea of what PPC consultation is if you’ve read the article in order. A PPC consultant is a marketer who assists other enterprises, businesses, and organizations in advertising their products and services online. PPC consultants create, then implement paid digital advertising campaigns in order to help clients in building brand awareness and improve sales, leads, and prospects.
You’ll find self-employed PPC consultants, and also PPC consultants who are employed by consultancy firms or marketing agencies. Some PPC consultants even work as in-house marketing team members.
How Does PPC Work?
Though PPC can be done via various ad platforms, Google Ads and Bing Ads are the most popular ones out there. These ad platforms offer various ad formats such as search ads, display ads, video ads, shopping ads, and more.
Most businesses prefer to use Google Ads for PPC marketing as this provides the opportunity to reach a bigger audience easily. Different platforms offer different methods of setting up ad campaigns. However, the core idea of the process behind PPC remains the same. PPC is a fairly simple process and consists of mentioned steps below:
- Create an account on the advertising platform
- Create ads using target keywords, audiences, devices, etc
- Set the maximum amount you’re willing to pay for a click
- Then your ad will compete in the auction with other advertisers on the exact keywords
- Sign up for an advertising account with the platform.
- Create ads (and select the right targeting by adding keywords or audiences, etc.).
- Set the maximum cost you are willing to pay for each click.
- Your ad will compete with other advertiser’s bids to win the place for the same keywords
- It is decided by the auction which ad will be shown
- You will be paying whenever someone clicks your ad.
So yeah, PPC is a simple and straightforward process. You create an ad, bid for the targeted keywords, and then pay for it when someone clicks on it. But yes, there are more factors in the process like bidding strategies that require experts to understand.
What Does a PPC Consultant Do?
A PPC consultant’s job is to manage PPC ad campaigns. That sounds simple but the process requires various skills that we will discuss in the next section. The job of PPC consultant is responsible for important tasks like keyword research, conversation optimization, data analysis, and so on.
A PPC consultant can work for businesses of any size and industry of any category. There are various roles that a PPC consultant works on. And yes, there is a hierarchy available in this field, which decides your position in a company as pay-per-click talent.
You can be a PPC director or PPC senior PPC director depending on your skills and experience of work. There are many factors responsible for a PPC consultant to climb up the ladder of success.
You’ll see PPC consultants working as freelancers or some even start as an agency. Though this creates a distinction between these two terms, both do the job for an institution. The takeaway for you as a business owner is that you can go for either one to fulfill your PPC needs.
Summing it up, A PPC consultant will look after your PPC ad campaigns including planning, designing, and implementing the strategy. A PPC consultant will use SEO and even analyze ad performance for you. PPC marketing is a demanding skill as it requires unique skills to pull off a successful PPC campaign.
If we talk about the certain responsibility of a PPC consultant, there is keyword research. If you want to promote certain products or reach certain goals for your client, then you have to be able to do keyword research. Designing landing pages and trend-watching are some of the many tasks a PPC consultant does.
What Skills Does a PPC Consultant Need?
Any marketer can become a PPC consultant, but that requires a certain set of skills. Let’s address all the skills a PPC consultant needs to have to become an expert in this field:
- Analysis: A PPC consultant will spend most of his time determining what works best for the campaigns. That’s where analyzing data and using them to the advantage of improving the campaign’s performance is important
- Teamwork: Teamwork is basically an essential skill regardless of your field of work. You’ll have to work hand in hand with other members provided in your team to make proper use of your time and skill.
- Time Management: Yes, time management is important for any job, but it is the most important factor in the field of PPC marketing. You have to keep up with the ongoing trend and organize your campaigns accordingly. The organization is the ultimate key to success for a PPC consultant.
- Technical Expertise: Again keeping up with trends and being familiar with what’s latest in tech plays an important role in PPC marketing. It’s fundamental to know basic web languages so that you can use the language when needed
- Creativity: Okay, this is a controversial one. You have to be technical in PPC marketing, but being creative and pursuing the audiences using captivating copy and visuals are part of your job as a PPC consultant. After all, understanding human nature and make standing human nature and intimate them is the ultimate goal of PPC marketing
- Know Your Product: In order to work to the potential of a client, you need to know about the services or products they’re trying to promote via your expertise. So you have to understand both the product offerings and the consumers to create better brand awareness.
- Communication: Communication is just an extension of teamwork skills. Running a successful campaign needs to be done with the help of the team members you’re going to work with. So you need to have the ability to communicate with team members to convey your ideas to them.
- Adaptability: The field of digital marketing is full of unexpected turns. Everything can turn upside down if you’re not adapting to common and effective industry practices. Incorporating the changes accordingly to your work will be an important factor for you as a PPC consultant.
- Eagerness to Learning: You have to be an avid learner when working in a constantly changing field like digital marketing. If you don’t try out new things and don’t even bother to learn what’s going on, you will never be able to level up your expertise as a PPC consultant.
Benefits of PPC Consultation for Business
Search engine marketing strategy is an essential part of digital marketing these days. Naturally, PPC campaigns are getting picked by many businesses as this has been proven a profitable channel of marketing. As we’ve mentioned earlier, PPC marketing is no easy task and requires certain sets of skills to pull off a successful campaign.
Keywords research, conversion tracking, landing page optimization, and data analysis are some of the required skill sets needed for PPC marketing. In order to benefit from PPC marketing, you’ll need a PPC consultation for your business. So yes, you will need to hire a PPC consultant or contact a PPC agency. Let’s walk you through the benefits of PPC consultation for business, then you can decide for yourself whether it’s important for you or not.
Right Account Management Is The Key
You’re investing money in PPC campaigns and still not getting a good return? That can be the case when using someone to manage your PPC campaign who is not expert enough. This will increase the cost of marketing and also result in a waste of time. If your in-house PPC solution is not paying off or they’re not just expert enough, then it’s always better to bring PPC consultant help from outside to get things up to speed.
But make sure to hire the right PPC expert who will understand and value your business as well in order to have the best outcome possible. Just because hiring a PPC expert won’t pay you off, that’s where collaboration between your company and the PPC consultant comes into action.
PPC marketing can be cost-effective if used the right way. But again not implementing the proper care could cost you more. Using the wrong keywords can result in unqualified leads making you nothing. An expert would know how to optimize the campaigns that benefit you. To obtain a higher ROI, the expertise of a PPC consultant will come into play.
Better Conversion Rates
Appointing a PPC consultant can save you tons of money, as well as reward you with better conversion rates. As an expert will target the right keywords and demographics according to your products or services, you’re more likely to get high conversion rates. A PPC consultant will run ads for the right target audience, so the conversion rate will naturally be better, which makes it easier to score a better lead generation rate.
PPC marketing needs to be optimized from time to time in order to be successful. You can’t just set up a PPC campaign and forget about it for months. To get the best out of your campaigns, you’ll have to monitor the performance, implement A/B testing for landing pages, and optimize the campaigns best way possible. That’s where a PPC consultant can help you elevate your PPC marketing.
Nobody likes to scroll around pages of information and data to figure out what works best for the next paid advertising campaign. That’s why you should give it up to a PPC consultant who got the task easy out for you. It can be intimidating to work with a lot of data and information on your own, that’s why bringing a PPC consultant as a helping hand can reduce your burden.
PPC campaigns are proven to be beneficial; hence businesses are lots signing up for it, so the competition is fierce here. Using your inexpert in-house workforce may not be enough or cost-efficient to run your PPC marketing campaigns. We suggest bringing in a PPC consultant to get this complex task done and be benefited through the mentioned ways.
How to Become a PPC Consultant
Anyone can become a PPC consultant by following the right path. If you’re interested in building a career as a PPC consultant, then you can consider the tips mentioned below.
Understand The Fundamentals
If you want to start your career as a PPC consultant, you’ll need to understand the fundamentals of PPC marketing. A PPC consultant should know about basics like what PPC marketing is, how it’s useful, the history of PPC marketing and the trends, etc. Put easily, you need to understand the field you’re going to work in.
You can gather knowledge via various internet mediums. If possible you can even contact a professional via social media to learn from them. You can ask them for advice and resources to help you with a great start in this field.
Copywriting Is A Essential Skill
Now you’ve acquired information about this line of jobs, now it’s time for you to step up your copywriting game. Your copywriting skills will play a major role in how much of a successful marketer slash advertiser you will become. That’s why you should consider taking a copywriting course to become the best version of a copywriter possible. The quality of your PPC work depends largely on the copy you write. If you can great copy, you’ll eliminate the need of hiring freelance copywriters for your employer, and this way you’ll become an all-in-package for anyone who’s looking for a complete PPC marketing solution.
Yes, your skills matter. But validation of your skill is crucial for employers matter too. That’s where your certification for PPC marketing can benefit you. You’ll have a better chance of finding a PPC consultant job if you’re certified as one. Companies will feel confident to work with you if your career is backed up with certified qualifications. Your abilities to get work done are proven by certification. So you need to get certified via the right authority to earn the trust of a potential client.
Just Get Started
Now you’ve earned the much-needed certifications for PPC marketing, it’s your time to find an entry-level PPC job to learn, understand and experiment in the work field. There are countless job sites that list different levels of PPC jobs. Find one that matches your skill. By getting into an entry-level PPC job, you’ll earn more experience, understand the industry better, and then eventually level up your position.
Build That Network
No matter what field you’re working on, building your own network with the relevant people is always appreciated. Start with finding a mentor who is experienced in PPC marketing or any other relevant field. You’ll learn most by connecting with more people and hearing their stories. Comparing your work with other professionals in the same field will help you in various ways. You get effective career advice and guidance for free, which is another reason why you shouldn’t go solo and perhaps build that network.
Now you know everything about PPC consultation, it’s up to you whether you need PPC consultation in your business or not. If you don’t have the in-house workforce for PPC marketing, then consider bringing in a PPC consultant. It’s never late to take the right step and improve your business presence online.